Ever thought of losing your weight with the help of a bicycle? Yes, it is possible to enjoy a good bicycle ride in parallel with reaching your weight goals.
However, many people shy away and feel quite embarrassing hopping on a bike with such an overweight situation. Well, the world is changing now. You can easily find a bike for heavy riders now, and that too without running errands for it.
Well here are some heads up tips about what components to look at when going for a heavy-duty bike shopping:
- Frame and Handlebars: We understand the benefits of lighter bicycles; however, they won’t serve the purpose for you. Therefore, go for some reliable torso material such as aluminum stem and handlebars.
- Saddle: This component completely depends on your comfortability. Try sitting on the saddle before buying. However, one thing to keep in mind is, don’t go for a carbon fiber saddle rail at all.
- Pedals: It is quite obvious for flimsy and cheap pedals to break away after some time, even for lightweight riders. Being a heavy rider makes this more of a risk. To be on the safer side, buy a bicycle with the steel paddle spindle. Even if your bike doesn’t have it initially, you can always get it replaced for a few bucks.
- Wheels: Wheels are the most sensitive component when it comes to carrying weight. Therefore, we would recommend a stronger option for that. A bicycle with 36 spokes that too made with strong alloy material is always a good option for overweight riders.
- Seat post: If you are unaware of the technical terms for a bicycle, it is a bar that supports your saddle, and it adjusts according to your height. The main concern here is, you don’t want your seat-post to shift under your weight. So for that reason, a seat-post should be constructed of aluminum with two-bolt saddle rail clamp.